When Sheri of Whole Circle Studio first let me know about her new Typecast EPP pattern, I thought it was brilliant. I had never even considered making letters with English Paper Piecing, but as soon as I knew it was something I could do in the near future, I instantly began foaming at the mouth.
When asked to pick a letter for an upcoming Typecast of Characters Blog Tour, I jumped at the chance to make an Initial Pillow with a B. Having recently received a beautiful bundle of Pat Bravo’s new Matchmade Collection, I knew immediately that I had to make a rainbow B and it had to be inset in denim.
Since I knew that I wanted to make a pillow, I extended the fabric on the outer pieces so that I could add a border to it. So I cut out a bunch of 1/5″ squares and stitched them in gradient order around the panel and then added more denim to make it a 16.5″ x 16.5″ square.
I knew from the beginning that I wanted to quilt it with a tight grid on point using a teal Superior Threads MicroQuilter, which is basically my go to because it’s awesome. And when I quilt that way, I always use a high loft fusible fleece from Thermoweb Heat n Bond because I don’t have to worry about puckering and it quilts like a dream.
With the quilting done and a denim envelop back added, the B is for Boudreaux Pillow was birthed. And make sure to check out the other awesome makers representing all the letters in the English Alphabet.
TYPECAST OF CHARACTERS BLOG TOUR hosted by Whole Circle Studio
• Wednesday, March 27: Tour Introduction by Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 1 — A: Kate Brennan of Aurifil
• Tuesday, April 2 — B: Mathew Boudreaux of Mister Domestic
• Wednesday, April 3 — C: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
• Thursday, April 4— D: Leah Day of Free Motion Quilting Project
• Friday, April 5 — Week 1 Wrap Up featuring A-D and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 8 — E: Erin of Paper Pieces
• Tuesday, April 9 — F: Sylvia Schaefer of Flying Parrot Quilts
• Wednesday, April 10 — G: Giuseppe Ribaudo of Giucy Giuce
• Thursday, April 11— H: Hilary Jordan of By Hilary Jordan
• Friday, April 12 — Week 2 Wrap Up featuring E-H and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 15 — I: Kim Soper of Leland Ave Studios
• Tuesday, April 16 — J: Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl
• Wednesday, April 17 — K: Karen O’Connor of Lady K Quilts
• Thursday, April 18 — L: Kristy Daum of St. Louis Folk Victorian
• Friday, April 19 — Week 3 Wrap Up featuring I-L and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 22 — M: Molli Sparkles of Molli Sparkles
• Tuesday, April 23 — N: Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
• Wednesday, April 24 — O: Scott Hansen of Blue Nickel Studios
• Thursday, April 25 — P: Pat Sloan of Pat Sloan
• Friday, April 26 — Week 4 Wrap Up featuring M-P and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Joanna Marsh of Kustom Kwilts
• Monday, April 29 — Q: Lindsay Széchényi of Lindsay Széchényi (and Patchwork Threads)
• Tuesday, April 30 — R: Andrea Tsang Jackson of 3rd Story Workshop
• Wednesday, May 1 — S: Sarah Thomas of Sariditty
• Thursday, May 2 — T: Rachel Rossi of Rachel Rossi
• Friday, May 3— Week 4 Wrap Up featuring Q-T and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 6 — U: Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
• Tuesday, May 7 — V: Jenn McMillan of Fabric, Ink
• Wednesday, May 8 — W: Jenny Meeker of Bobbin Roulette Studio
• Thursday, May 9 — X: Stephanie Kendron of Modern Sewciety
• Friday, May 10 — Week 5 Wrap Up featuring U-X and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
• Monday, May 13 — Y: Debby Brown of Debby Brown Quilts
• Tuesday, May 14 — Z: Nisha Bouri and Kim Martucci of Brimfield Awakening
• Wednesday, May 15 — Week 6 Wrap Up featuring Y-Z, Tour closeout and GIVEAWAY at Whole Circle Studio
While I don’t promote anything unless I legit love it, this post contains affiliate links.