I may or may not have an obsession with English Paper Piecing, so when Carolina Moore asked me to join her book tour for her new Learn How to English Paper Piece Book I was all over it. As much as I love EPP, hand sewing a full quilt is quite the undertaking, so I really appreciated all 10 of the bite-sized projects in the book.
As I was reading all the yummy projects in the book, I gravitated to the Mason Jar Drawstring Pouch partially because omg it’s so cuuuute and partially because I had an EPP-project-in-the-works that was almost exactly what I needed.
When Katarina Roccella‘s Decadence Fabrics came out I had zero idea what I wanted to make with it, but I knew I wanted to fussy cut some hexies from all of the gorgeous prints. And boy am I glad that I did because the perfect project appeared!!!!
I sliced up a 1″ strip of knit jersey and used it as the ties for the pouch. I wanted it to have drape but do the job and it was a perfect solution methinks. After I was finished, I knew that I needed some pink flowers to finish the look.
So I’m only one stop of this awesome sauce book tour. Make sure to check out the other awesome makers’ projects.
- Friday, January 25th: Carolina from Always Expect Moore
- Saturday, January 26th: Linda from Linda B Creative and Havalah from Sisters, What
- Sunday, January 27th: Teresa from Sewn Up, Teresa Down Under and Stephanie from Modern Sewciety
- Monday, January 28th: Jen from Faith and Fabric and Alicia from Sew What Alicia
- Tuesday, January 29th: Sherry from Powered by Quilting and Marie from Underground Crafter
- Wednesday, January 30th: Brooke from Brooklyn Berry Designs and Melody from Two Maker Chicks
- Thursday, January 31st: Ali from Home Crafts by Ali and Sarah from Quilted Diary
- Friday, February 1st: Bobbie from the Geeky Bobbin and Gemia from Phat Quarters
- Saturday, February 2nd: Beth from Garland Girl Quilts and Bobbi from Snowy Days Quilting
- Sunday, February 3rd: Kirsty from Bonjour Quilts and Simone from Charmed Life Quilting
- Monday, February 4th: Aimee from Things Small and Simple and Mathew from Mister Domestic
- Tuesday, February 5th: Kathy from Kathy’s kwilts and more and Kim from Stitched in Purple
- Wednesday, February 6th: Audrey from the Cloth Parcel and Anorina from Samelia’s Mum
- Thursday, February 7th: Laura from Slice of Pi Quilts and Lauren from Molly and Mama
- Friday, February 8th: Sarah from Saroy and Stephanie from Swoodson Says
While I don’t promote anything unless I legit love it, this post contains affiliate links.