At first, this project was supposed to end at the 10″ x 10″ Kaleidoscope Weave because I wanted to do a smaller size weave for my new YouTube video and honestly didn’t plan on turning it into anything. So first here’s the link to the video. It’s really fun so watch. Yaaaaay!
Here are the seven Art Gallery Fabrics Pure Element Solids that I used from left to right in the diagram below:
- Burnt Orange
- Coral Reef
- Aurora Red
- London Red
And here are some progress shots because those are always awesome.
But then like this would’ve been the end of the post and I would’ve just kept it moving. However, when I saw the finished weave I knew that I couldn’t stop there because it was too va va voom not to become something super cool.
And then I remembered someone in my previous weave videos suggesting making a weave into my More-than-a-Pocket Bag pattern and I knew this was the one. I legit went through all of my denim thinking that would be the best primary fabric but none of them complimented the weave well. And then I remembered I purchased this cork fabric from Sew Sweetness that was hidden somewhere on a shelf and boy oh boy was it yumtastic. So I immediately sliced it up and got to stitching and immediately I was floored and the perfection of their marriage.
I didn’t have enough of the cork to cut a strip on the bias for the binding, but I quickly figured out an alternative for the corners not bunching, which essentially involved the use of fabric glue, clips and the snipping off the access. Then I topstitched with my trusty Aurifil Ermine 50 wt non-surprisingly the perfect extension of the natural cork fabric flavor.
And now, without further ado, check out this bombastic More-than-a-Pocket Bag!!!
Here are some of the supplies I used.
While I don’t promote anything unless I legit love it, this post contains affiliate links.