I legit can’t believe that I’m actually able to write a blog post about this quilt because that means I’m done. This was definitely one of those ideas that I had where I didn’t even consider logistics or man hours because both my brain and body are sore after this one. But, not to toot my own horn, I must say that it was worth it.
This started with the fabric: Lecien’s oooh la la Yarn Dyed Cloth. I chose three colors that each had a black and white weft option, so it basically makes it look like there are six unique colors. So rad.
After this picture, the fabric sat on my shelves forever because I couldn’t figure out how I was going to weave it. But then I was introduced to foam insulation sheets and installed them on my wall for the ultimate weave board/design wall. And then I got to laying out the design.
Slow and steady won the race with this one, mainly because it killed my shoulders to weave too long on the vertical. And plus I don’t ever think I stopped being intimidated by this project until like five minutes ago. So here are a bunch of pretty pictures documenting the process.
Then I finally got brave enough to take it down. Masking tape was my friend and there’s a video on my Instagram if you wanna check it out.
I decided on a Lecien Ls Modern print for the binding and of course a nifty variegated Aurifil for the win. And like if you can ever get your hands on any of Lecien’s ombrés, nab it stat because it’s the most beautiful ombre on the market. I used this for the backing.